Caregiving for an older adult often means you may need to find new ways to help a friend or relative cope with a chronic illness or memory loss. You also need to master new skill so you can balance your caregiving responsibilities with your own personal needs and responsibilities.
Have you ever asked yourself any of the following questions:
- Where can I get more quality information about my relative/friends disease?
- Should I take time for myself?
- Should I change my job hours? Quit?
- Am I making the best decision for my relative?
- Are there any support services to help me with any of my daily task?
- How do we plan for the future?
- What can I do to help make my relative have a better quality of life?
- Are there any classes I can take to help me be a better caregiver?
- Why don’t family members/friends understand what I am going through?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions then you should talk to one of our Family Consultants who will work with you on an individualized care plan to help link you to our services.