KINDER is a 9-week course made for caregivers to maintain healthy and rewarding relationships with their loved ones living with dementia. KINDER includes 8 lessons completed independently by caregivers and 3 Zoom group discussions. Focus will be on:
- Communication strategies for persons living with dementia
- Managing disagreements around matters of safety and independence
- Responding to changes in cognition and health
- Finding healthy ways to cope with relationship strain
Over 9 weeks, caregivers will meet virtually and gather in group sessions led by a trained facilitator to discuss topics such as: understanding a dementia diagnosis and how it affects care relationships, communicating with your family member, navigating disagreements when balancing safety and independence, managing a shared caregiving role, and more.
Sessions will take place over Zoom video conference and will last 1.5 hours each. Below are the scheduled dates and times:
- Wednesday, October 11th: 12 pm PST to 1:30 pm PST
- Wednesday, November 8th: 12 pm PST to 1:30 pm PST
- Wednesday, December 6th: 12 pm PST to 1:30 pm PST
For more information on this event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.